Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Just Throwing It Out There

Well, I got a response from one of those state government jobs I applied to 5 months ago. It was just a letter saying if I'm still interested in the position to reply and if I don't hear anything within 3-4 weeks, just  assume I didn't get the position. Chances are I won't hear anything but there's still a chance right? I haven't been able to apply to more jobs because none are available for someone like me.

It's almost a year since I passed the bar. I still remember what I was feeling just waiting for those results. I didn't think too much about it until the few days leading to the results. Just the waiting game I'm playing right now with this job hunt. I can't believe how time flies.

2 comments:

  1. There you are! Didn't find out about your slightly altered URL until today.

    I agree time flies when I look back on how many months have gone by since I become unemployed. But my day to day seems slow and boring. Every day one of my friends would ask me, so what did you do today? I'd like to say "same as yesterday and the day before and the day before that..." but I catch myself before I become snarky.

    I don't know your source of silver lining or light at the end of the tunnel or whatever...but it exists. Somewhere. Just keep on applying for jobs! If fake cheerfulness doesn't work, go under a swimming pool (or some ocean) and scream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FJD! I just hope I don't have to see a silver lining anymore. I haven't gone under a swimming pool but I've screamed several times inside my car. Much more convenient lol. Yeah, my friends don't even bother to ask me about my job quest. They figure I'll tell them if I come across something, which I will.

    ReplyDelete